Friday, March 16, 2007

Music Video(s) of the Day: "My Boobs" and "Float On"

First off, I'll have to credit the guys at stereogum for tonight's posting. I found both of these videos on their blog and both were exciting/strange/bad enough that I though they were perfect candidates for Music Video of the Day.
<
Norwegian songstress Lene Alexandra assures us (though after watching this video, I don't think that's necessary) that her "boobs are ok." A few fun things to notice about this video. First, the fact that she repeatedly makes fun of her own intelligence. At least she's honest. Also, she creates the 27th letter of the alphabet, "boo," to make "boobs" a three-letter word. She's an innovator. Third, you gotta wonder how much she paid for those "OK" boobs. Let's see how long it takes for this video to reach TRL.


If I didn't already have enough reasons to hate American Idol, the no talent ass-clowns had to go and ruin "Float On" by Modest Mouse. Whoever decided that this video of the Modest Mouse cover should be based around old-school 90s hip-hop with huge boomboxes and break dancing should be fired and shot. Then again, this is American Idol we're talking about. We can't expect too much. Thank God the clip is only 44 seconds long.


Just after writing this post, I headed over to Idolator during my normal music blog browsing and found an mp3 of the Kidz Bop version of "Float On." I thought that American Idol was the worst thing that could happen to Modest Mouse...obviously I was wrong. Is the "YEAH!" really necessary after each line of the verse? And is Modest Mouse just whoring this song out now?? C'mon now guys.

Kidz Bop - "Float On" (mp3) [via Idolator]