Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shit You Should Know...'Cause They're Coming to Chapel Hill

Can't get tickets to the Ben Folds show March 28th? All is not lost. Check out these guys that will be playing at the Cat's Cradle the same night.

Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers

I believe these guys have the best live show of any band in the country. Not only is their live sound is supremely polished, but their on-stage antics send the show over the top. They've been known to recite movie quotes mid-song, sing parts of other popular songs mid-song, and even do an a cappella rendition of Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls."(Sorry for the bad quality of some of these videos, this is all YouTube had to offer.) If you have not seen them live, March 28th is your chance to see the best live show on the east coast. I would be there if it wasn't for Ben. Sacrifices we must make...

Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers - "Thirteen" (m4a)
Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers - "Start the Day Early" (m4a)

Matt Wertz

I first heard of this talented singer/songwriter when SK and the Sixers announced that they would be touring with him this spring (and if SK will play with them, they're good in my book). Wertz soulful voice soars over an acoustic-country groove to mold a sound that reminds you of a lazy Sunday in spring. I really hate that I'm going to miss him when he comes to Chapel Hill in March, but I'll be sure to catch him the next opportunity I get.

(I couldn't find a good YouTube video...sorry)

Matt Wertz - "Marianne" (m4a)
Matt Wertz - "Everything's Right" (m4a)

No comments: