Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sec MZ L Ctr, Row FF, Seat 115

After waiting for 14 hours, sleeping outside with a sleeping bag and no tent, using my book-bag as a pillow, skipping one class and missing a shit-load of work, I now hold in my hands two of the most prized pieces of paper in Chapel Hill right now: tickets to see Ben Folds.

It is unbelievable the response that man gets when he comes to this area. People were camping out around Memorial Hall as early as 11 a.m. the day before 900 student tickets went on sale. I arrived at about 9:30 the night before, and earned upper level tickets. Behind me were about 20 people that spent the night, and another line of around 400 people who walked up this morning. There will be many unhappy Folds fans this afternoon.

They have one more chance to get tickets when the go on sale to the general public March 1.

Was missing all that class and work, freezing my ass off outside and skipping meals worth it? No doubt. I would have started camping earlier if I could. I wanted to do a cumulative entry about the whole night and everything that happened, but my battery died to quickly (which also explains why I missed so much work).

The countdown begins: 35 days.

No comments: