Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Myspace is Yourspace: Chuck Folds

Every once in a while, we at the Noise Bazaar will take the time to sift through the crap on Myspace and find something that is actually worth hearing.

A few months ago when my dad told me he saw Ben Folds' little brother playing in a band in Wilson, NC, I couldn't help but laugh and ask "Are you sure?" My dad owns thousands of CDs and LPs, and is at least a minor Ben Folds fan (he even has Naked Baby Photos...though I'm not sure if he listens to it), so it's not that I doubted his ability to recognize Folds' brother, I just found it hard to believe that the little brother of Ben Folds, one of the most talented musicians I've ever heard, would be playing in Wilson.

Sure enough, today I found out about a little band called Chuck Folds Five. Chuck Folds Five is a three-piece band whose name is, as stated on their Myspace page, Chuck Folds "making a bit of a stab at himself for being the lesser talented younger brother of a critically acclaimed, platinum selling, world touring singer/songwriter/musician." The music is actually very good, but that shouldn't be surprising with such a talented brother.

Chuck Folds is also in a group called Rubberband that plays events and parties all over NC.

Here is the link to Chuck Folds Five's Myspace page.

Please Enjoy.

No comments: