Friday, February 23, 2007

Local Music Showcase: Pico vs. Island Trees

These local boys are the next big thing. I have no doubt about it. Hailing from Raleigh, the strangely named Pico vs. Island Trees have a happy-go-lucky sound full of sweet harmonies and gorgeous instrumental arrangements. They released their debut full-length album in 2004, titled Just Wait, and, according to their Myspace page, are set to release the follow-up sometime this year.

I have not gotten a chance to see them live, but that will change sooner rather than later. Their next local show is April 7 at the Cat's Cradle. I highly recommend that you take the time to go see them. You will not be disappointed.

Since I just recently discovered them, I have not gotten a chance to pick up the CD, and thus have no mp3s for you (a trip to Schoolkids is long overdue), so just check out their Myspace page for some great tunes.

No comments: