Thursday, February 8, 2007

Arctic Monkeys In-Store Preview

This is why I want to live in England. Apparently Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys was doing some clothes shopping at a store in Sheffield when one of the workers asked how the new album was going.

Quoted from NME News Vulture:
He said: "It's done... we've just recorded the B side for the next single. Do you want to hear it?" The guy is like "Yeah, is it ok if we stick it on the shop's system?" Alex says ok, and puts this track on.
The song, which the assistant-manager believes is called "Satisfaction," is:

mellower than a lot of the stuff on the first album, similar in style to stuff from 'Who the Fuck...’" - particularly the funky bits of the title track - but it's obviously them from the first time you hear Alex's voice come in."

I wish stuff like that happened over here. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait a few months to get the new album. Until then, I guess I'll pull out my copy of Whatever People Say I am... and put on my dancing shoes.

No comments: